The Mindful Days Statistics in Your App Profile
Our fearless leader, Dan Harris, believes that meditation, like exercise, is most impactful when we do it regularly - but creating and maintaining a healthy habit can be tough! If you navigate to your app Profile you’ll see your Mindful Days display with some statistics that might help you keep up a daily (or daily-ish) meditation habit.
What do these statistics mean and where are they?
Open your Profile tab:
- iPhone and iPad: Tap the Profile icon in the upper, left hand corner of the app.
- Android: Tap the Profile Icon in the lower, right corner of the app.
Mindful Days is the total number of days you've recorded meditating in the app.
Total Sessions is the total number of course sessions, singles, and sleep meditations you've completed in the app or any that have been added through the Apple Health app if you're using an Apple device. Here are some good things to know about Total Sessions:
- A session needs to run for at least 1 minute to get counted and even if you stop it before the end, you'll need to tap Continue twice for the app to register the session.
- This number doesn't includes meditation time but not podcasts or talks.
Total Minutes is the total time, including videos in the courses, single and sleep meditations, that you've got registered in the app.
Streak is the total number weeks days you've meditated in a row.
- On Android, the Streak will show as your Daily Streak - how many days in a row you've meditated in the Ten Percent Happier app.
- On iPhone or iPad the default streak shown will be the Weekly Streak. If you want to track your Daily Streak, just tap the Mindful Days box to toggle between the two. If that doesn't work for you please update your Ten Percent Happier app. Weekly streaks are counted Monday through Sunday.
How do I make sure my meditations get recorded properly?
When you finish a session in the app you'll see two screens with a black Continue button. Tapping Continue both times is the trigger that tells the app to record your session so be sure you get both of them. Here are some other good things to know:
- Try to let the meditation finish completely and be sure to tap Continue twice before closing the app or quitting it. You should see a check mark in the middle of the screen at the end of the meditation that confirms the app has recorded your session.
- If you're doing a meditation near midnight, be aware the the credit goes to the date the meditation finishes, not the date you started. If you finish a meditation after midnight you might miss a day in your Streak.
- If your internet connection gets disrupted during a meditation that can negatively impact record keeping.
- If you complete a meditation while your device is offline it should update to your History and Streak once you're reconnected to the internet.
- Using the app across devices, especially across platforms, can negatively impact your History and Streak tracking. If you're really enjoying these features of the app please try to use a single device for best tracking performance.
- Sometimes the app has a hard time tracking properly if you're moving between time zones. If you run into a problem with this please email us for help.
The statistics are included to help build a positive habit but if you're not a fan of tracking your sessions, tap Continue two times quickly to dismiss these screens. There's no way to disable it right now but please email us so we can count your vote and let the engineering team know.
If you run into any snags or we can help with something else, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.