The Taming Anxiety Challenge
The Taming Anxiety Challenge is available in the Courses tab of the Ten Percent Happier app and is available to subscribers. Subscribers can also access a group of guided meditations under the Singles tab in the app that'll help you practice regularly so you have the skills you need when things get tough.
People who participated in the Challenge asked about the recommended phrases.
In the final meditation of the Taming Anxiety series our meditation teacher, Booker, shared these phrases which you can repeat to yourself.
- May I continue to know the wisdom of this body.
- May I face my fears with compassion and care.
- May I become braver over time.
Here's a list of podcasts from the Taming Anxiety challenge. These podcasts, and all our podcast episodes, are free in the podcast app on your phone and subscribers can listen in the app. You can also listen to them from our website by tapping the links here.
- #355 Anxiety, Anger, and Art | Sara Bareilles issued June 14, 2021
- #356 Anxiety, Explained | Luana Marques issued June 16, 2021
- #357 Strategies for Social Anxiety | Ellen Hendriksen issued June 18, 2021
- #358 Buddhist Lessons on Anxiety | Leslie Booker issued June 21, 2021
And here are some additional podcasts Dan's done about using mindfulness meditation to deal with anxiety.
- #170 Rising Above Social Anxiety | Ellen Hendriksen issued January 16, 2019
- #159 Unwinding Anxiety | Judson Brewer issued October 31, 2018
- #138 Meditating While Having ADHD | Dr. Stephanie Sarkis issued June 6, 2018
- #128 Untangling from Anxiety | Andrea Petersen issued March 28th, 2018
- #104 X Ambassadors Drummer | Adam Levin issued October 18th, 2017
The Ten Percent Happier Taming Anxiety course is not a replacement for therapy or medical care. As a rule of thumb, if your anxiety is severely inhibiting your daily life you should seek professional help.
To monitor your anxiety and seek additional support we have a few resources to suggest:
- TEB Cycle Handout: a great tool for individuals to help understand their anxiety.
- The GAD-7: a validated self-report measure for General Anxiety Disorder.
- The ADAA Therapist Directory: an online resource that individuals can use to find a therapist.
If you have more questions about finding something specific in the library of Ten Percent Happier resources or any other questions please email us at email@example.com.