Enable Mindful Minutes With the Apple Health App on iPhone
Enabling Mindful Minutes with the Apple Health App:
In order to enable Mindful Minutes on your iPhone app please make sure:
- Your iPhone is running iOS 14 or newer. Health app instructions and images shown here are from iOS 15.
- You have the most recent version of the Ten Percent Happier app installed. Check for any app updates here. Ten Percent Happier app instructions and images shown here are from the app version 6.7.
- You'll only be able to add mindful minutes done outside our app into your Ten Percent Happier meditation stats if you're using app version 5.1.6 or higher.
- Troubleshooting steps are listed at the bottom of this article.
When you initially download the Ten Percent Happier app, you'll see this popup which asks if you'd like to connect Ten Percent Happier to your Health app. The easiest way to get connected is to tap Allow Access on this screen. If you delete and reinstall the app through the Troubleshooting steps at the bottom of this page, you won't see the Allow Access pop-up message shown below when reinstalling. You will instead go to your app settings to reconnect Apple Health.
If you already have Ten Percent Happier set up, you can enable integration between your Apple Health app and Ten Percent Happier with these steps:
- Open the Ten Percent Happier app.
- Tap the profile icon in the upper, left hand corner of the app.
- Tap Settings (gear icon at top right of Profile tab).
- Tap Apple Health under the CONNECT heading.
- On the next screen tap Log Mindful Minutes so the button turns red.
- A new screen will pop up.
- Tap Turn All On. (After you tap it, it will change to Turn Off All).
- ALLOW "TEN PERCENT" TO WRITE will turn green. This means that minutes you meditate in the Ten Percent Happier app will be recorded in the Apple Health app.
- ALLOW "TEN PERCENT" TO READ will turn green. This means that minutes you meditate in other apps or that you end manually into Apple Health will get recorded in the Ten Percent Happier app and will be included in your total and your streak.
- Your screen should look like this:
- Tap Allow in the upper right corner. The screen will go back to the Ten Percent Happier settings page and Log Mindful Minutes will say Connected.
- Turn on Use Health data in stats. When you turn this on, mindful minutes you've logged with your Apple Watch or other apps connected to Health will get counted in your Ten Percent Happier statistics.
- Your Apple Health screen in the Ten Percent Happier app should look like this:
If you add a meditation into the Apple Health app either manually or from another app, it'll look like the picture below in the History of your Ten Percent Happier App. Get to History by tapping Profile and scrolling down a little bit. Tap History.
In the Apple Health app you should Ten Percent Happier listed as an App Allowed to Read Data and as a Data Source.
Check out our Help Center article How do I use the Apple Health app to add minutes to my meditation history?
Apple's support article Manage Health Data on your iPhone, iPod touch or Apple Watch will have more information on setting up your Health App.
Troubleshooting issues with Apple Health app integration:
You can check this Apple webpage for additional guidance on using your Apple Health app with other apps or call Applecare at (800) 275-2273.
If your minutes aren't syncing to or from the Ten Percent Happier app,
- Please double-check the steps above.
- Double check that you have Use Health Data in Stats turned on in the Ten Percent Happier settings
- And that Ten Percent is listed as a Data Source in your Health app.
If both of those look right but your data isn't showing up properly in the Ten Percent Happier app,
- Check the email address and login method you're using for your Ten Percent Happier account. Our Help Center article How can I tell what address my app is signed into? has the steps.
- Delete the Ten Percent Happier app - keeping your HealthKit data when prompted.
- Reinstall Ten Percent Happier
- Sign back in with your registered email address and password (or login method).
- Authorize to Connect Apple Health using the steps above. This should update and re-sync your account.