🧘 Can meditation help me deal with grief?
When we’re navigating grief, it can be particularly supportive to practice loving-kindness for yourself and your loved ones. Sharon Salzberg teaches this practice in her course 10% Nicer.
Practicing self-compassion may also be helpful. This practice may offer you support in working with the difficult feelings and helping you meet the pain of reconciling with the loss. Joseph Goldstein offers teachings on this practice in our course, Compassion. You might also try:
- Three Steps Toward Self-Compassion | Alexis Santos
- Self-Compassion | Sharon Salzberg
- See Yourself Compassionately | Jess Morey
- Self-Compassion | Joseph Goldstein
Additionally, these meditations in the app might be helpful for meeting the loss with a sense of care:
- Working with Grief | Sebene Selassie
- Feeling Grief | Sharon Salzberg
- Losing Someone You Love | Alexis Santos
- When Grief Arrives | Oren Jay Sofer
There are more relevant meditations under the Difficult Emotions section of the Singles tab that may be helpful, and Oren Sofer's Emotions course also offers support in navigating difficult emotional terrain.