Podcasts to Listen to if You're Working with Anxiety
Here's a list of podcasts from the Taming Anxiety challenge. These podcasts, and all our podcast episodes, are free in the podcast app on your phone. You can also listen to them from our website by tapping the links here.
- #355 Anxiety, Anger, and Art | Sara Bareilles issued June 14, 2021
- #356 Anxiety, Explained | Luana Marques issued June 16, 2021
- #357 Strategies for Social Anxiety | Ellen Hendriksen issued June 18, 2021
- #358 Buddhist Lessons on Anxiety | Leslie Booker issued June 21, 2021
And here are some additional podcasts Dan's done about using mindfulness meditation to deal with anxiety.
- #170 Rising Above Social Anxiety | Ellen Hendriksen issued January 16, 2019
- #159 Unwinding Anxiety | Judson Brewer issued October 31, 2018
- #138 Meditating While Having ADHD | Dr. Stephanie Sarkis issued June 6, 2018
- #128 Untangling from Anxiety | Andrea Petersen issued March 28th, 2018
- #104 X Ambassadors Drummer | Adam Levin issued October 18th, 2017
The Ten Percent Happier Taming Anxiety course is not a replacement for therapy or medical care. As a rule of thumb, if your anxiety is severely inhibiting your daily life you should seek professional help.
To monitor your anxiety and seek additional support we have a few resources to suggest:
- TEB Cycle Handout: a great tool for individuals to help understand their anxiety.
- The GAD-7: a validated self-report measure for General Anxiety Disorder.
- The ADAA Therapist Directory: an online resource that individuals can use to find a therapist.