Mindfulness for Dealing with World Events
Here are some Ten Percent Happier resources you can check out if you're working with stress and difficult emotions surrounding world events. Use the search function in the app to find them.
- Phrases for Stress
- Stress Better
- Taming Anxiety
- The Protection of Loving-Kindness with Leslie Booker
- Kindness for Inner Strength with Sharon Salzberg
- Opening to Strong Emotions with Joseph Goldstein
- Fear with Joseph Goldstein
- Sadness with Oren Jay Sofer
- Working with Grief with Sebene Selassie
- RAIN with Jeff Warren
- Anger with Oren Jay Sofer
- Basic Relaxation with Sharon Salzberg
- Breath Stressbuster with Jeff Warren
- Soothe Stressful Thoughts with Jess Morey
Free Meditations in the Ten Percent Happier Podcast
Free in your podcast app or tap these links to listen through your browser.
- Bonus Meditation with Sebene Selassie, "Stress Better"
- Shame is Psychic Constipation | Bonus Meditation with Alexis Santos
- Do This When Anxious | Bonus Meditation with Kaira Jewel Lingo
- Do This When You’re About to Lose It | Bonus Meditation with Sharon Salzberg
- How Not To Be Owned By Your Emotions | Bonus Meditation with Joseph Goldstein
- Stepping Back From Stress| Bonus Meditation with Alexis Santos
- Accepting the Unpleasant | Bonus Meditation with Joseph Goldstein
Free in your podcast app. Ten Percent Happier app subscribers can listen inside the app, ad free. The podcast in the app goes back to September, 2021. If you see a link here for an episode, click it to get to the episode online or use your favorite podcast app to listen.
- #427: How Do I Meditate When There’s a War Going On? | Claude AnShin Thomas
- #390. A Buddhist Recipe for Handling Turmoil | Kaira Jewel Lingo
- #386. Sitting with Chaos | Zenju Earthlyn Manuel
- #266: The Case for "Doing Nothing" in a Time of Crisis | Sebene Selassie & Jeff Warren
- #241: Crisis Advice from "Meditation MacGyver" | Jeff Warren
- #217: The World's a Mess, But Don't Freak Out | Norman Fischer
- #137: Roshi Joan Halifax, 'Turning Towards the Suffering'
These are inside the Ten Percent Happier app and require a subscription. If you don't have a subscription, you can start a free trial.
- The World is Topsy-Turvy | Norman Fischer Norman Fischer
- How to Survive the News | Jay Michaelson
- To Reduce Anxiety, Understand It | Dr. Judson Brewer
- The Power of Equanimity | Ruth King
- Cortisol | Jay Michaelson
Free on our website. Go to tenpercent.com or tap these links.
- Praying for Ukraine
- Making Friends with Anxiety | Leslie Booker
- Shelter from the Storm | Jay Michaelson
- Maintaining Hope in Hard Times | Sharon Salzberg
- When the World Falls Apart | Jay Michaelson
If you have more questions or need help accessing the app please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.