What to Do When a Meditation Won't Play
There are a few things that can stop the lessons and meditations in the Ten Percent Happier app from loading or playing correctly on your mobile device. Occasionally there are issues with our streaming service that cause this but they usually resolve quickly. There are also local network issues that can impact our app because we use high quality audio and video files.
Here are some things you can check:
- If you have a subscription, try to download courses and meditations and use them directly from your device until the playback issue resolves. If you haven't tried downloading yet you can find information on the process in our Help Center at Can I download content for offline use?
- Power down your device entirely, then turn it back on again and give the app a try. Sometimes that clears out any cache in your phone from the Ten Percent Happier streaming systems.
- Known causes for streaming issues include some VPNs, some mobile device management programs on phones issued by employers, and the Jumbo app. If any of these apply to you, please let us know.
- If the meditation player is stopping when your iPhone screen goes into lock mode, please see: Lock Screen Stops Meditation on Apple Devices.
If all else fails, try deleting and reinstalling the Ten Percent Happier app. After deleting, you can reinstall the app directly from the Apple App Store (for iPhone/iPad) or the Google Play store (for Android phones). Just be sure to sign back into your same account. You'll find all the steps in our Help Center articles: How can I tell what address my app is signed into? & Sign Into Ten Percent Happier With an Existing Account.
Set up your Jumbo app to allow Ten Percent Happier to play.
Jumbo's Tracker Blocker obstructs a service that Ten Percent Happier needs to function properly. To fix this, you need to tell Jumbo to stop blocking it. Here's how:
1. Open Jumbo and select "Block Trackers."
2. Scroll down until you see a tracker named "Brightcove."
3. Tap the green toggle next to it so it's greyed out.
If there's no sound coming from the Ten Percent Happier app.
If the app's content is playing but there's no sound coming out, here are a few things to try:
- Make sure your phone isn't connected to Bluetooth headphones that are somewhere nearby. Check your phone's Bluetooth settings to see if any devices are connected.
- Fully quit the app and relaunch it (see Force Quit for an Apple device or Force Stop for an Android device), then try playing the app again.
- Try completely powering down your device and then powering it back on and heading into the app to play content again. This usually resolves any sound issues in the app.
- If neither of those steps resolves the issue, try deleting and reinstalling the Ten Percent Happier app. After deleting, you can reinstall the app directly from the Apple App Store (for iPhone/iPad) or the Google Play store (for Android phones). Just be sure to sign back into your same account. You'll find all the steps in our Help Center articles: How can I tell what address my app is signed into? & Sign Into Ten Percent Happier With an Existing Account. Any content downloaded to your device for offline use will be removed during this process.