How do I enable Mindful Minutes with Apple Health App on iPhone?
Enabling Mindful Minutes with the Apple Health App:
In order to enable Mindful Minutes on your iPhone app, ensure:
- You are operating on iOS 12 or greater.
- You have the most recent version of the Ten Percent Happier app installed. Check for any app updates here.
- Note that you will only be able to feed mindful minutes done outside our app into your Ten Percent Happier meditation stats if you are running app version 5.1.6 or higher.
Upon first signing into the app, you should be asked to "Enable Apple Health" but if you did not do so then, you can enable it any time from within the app:
- Open Settings (gear icon at top right of Profile tab).
- Enable the button next to “Apple Health” underneath CONNECT.
- Allow Ten Percent Happier to connect with the Health app by selecting "Turn All Categories On" on the resulting Health Access screen, then select "Allow" to complete the integration.
- Once enabled, mindful minutes logged in the Ten Percent Happier app will be recorded in the Apple Health app under Mindfulness > Mindful Minutes.
- To feed mindful minutes done outside our app (but synced to your Health app) into your Ten Percent Happier meditation stats in our app, you'll need to toggle on "Use Health data in stats" under CONNECT.
Troubleshooting issues with Apple Health app integration:
You can consult this Apple website for additional guidance on using your Apple Health app with other apps.
If your minutes aren't syncing to or from the Ten Percent Happier app, please double-check the following:
- Make sure Ten Percent Happier is sharing data with the Health app:
On iOS 12, open the Health app --> Sources tab --> Ten Percent --> make sure both "READ" and "WRITE" toggles are enabled (If not, tap "Turn All Categories On").
On iOS 13, open the Health app --> Browse --> Mindfulness --> Mindful Minutes --> Data Sources & Access --> make sure Ten Percent is listed under "APPS ALLOWED TO READ DATA."
- On iOS 12, open Health app > Health Data tab > Mindfulness > Mindful Minutes > Show All Data.
On iOS 13, open Health app --> Browse --> Mindfulness --> Mindful Minutes --> Show All Data) >> do you see all your logged sessions from Ten Percent in here?
If both of those look right, but your data isn't showing up properly in the Ten Percent Happier app, the next thing to try is to delete the Ten Percent Happier app - keeping your HealthKit data if/when prompted during the deleting process - then reinstall Ten Percent Happier and sign back in with your registered email address and password, and again authorizing to "Enable Apple Health". This should update and resync your account.
If you do not see the options to enable Read/Write toggles under Health app > Sources tab/Data Sources & Access> Ten Percent, you should delete the Ten Percent Happier app - keeping your HealthKit data if/when prompted during the deleting process - then reinstall and sign back in with your registered email address and password. When prompted, select "Enable Apple Health" and follow the enabling steps listed above to complete the integration.
If you still need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.