📲 How do I enable Mindful Minutes with the Apple Health App on iPhone?
Enabling Mindful Minutes with the Apple Health App:
In order to enable Mindful Minutes on your iPhone app please make sure:
- your iPhone is running iOS 12 or newer. Health app instructions and images shown here are from iOS 14.
- you have the most recent version of the Ten Percent Happier app installed. Check for any app updates here. Ten Percent Happier app instructions and images shown here are from the app version 13 or higher.
- You will only be able to feed mindful minutes done outside our app into your Ten Percent Happier meditation stats if you are running app version 5.1.6 or higher.
You can enable integration between your Apple Health app and Ten Percent Happier with these steps:
- Open the Ten Percent Happier app.
- Tap Profile in the lower right corner.
- Tap Settings (gear icon at top right of Profile tab).
- Tap Apple Health under the CONNECT heading.
- On the next screen tap Log Mindful Minutes so the button turns red. You can also turn on Use Health data in stats if that's available to you at this point. If not, you'll take care of it later.
- A new screen will pop up.
- Tap Turn All Categories On. (After you tap it, it will change to Turn All Categories Off).
- Allow "TEN PERCENT" to Write Data will turn green. This means that minutes you meditate in the Ten Percent Happier app will be recorded in the Apple Health app.
- Allow "TEN PERCENT" to Read Data will turn green. This means that minutes you meditate in other apps or that you end manually into Apple Health will get recorded in the Ten Percent Happier app and will be included in your total and your streak.
- Your screen should look like this:
- Tap Allow in the upper right corner. The screen will go back to the Ten Percent Happier settings page and Log Mindful Minutes will say Connected.
- If you want minutes to come from Apple Health into Ten Percent Happier, you'll need to turn on Use Health data in stats. These minutes might have been done using an Apple Watch using either the Ten Percent Happier Watch app or the Breathe app, meditation time you've done on your own without an app, or mindful minutes done with other mindfulness apps that integrate with the Health app.
- Your Apple Health screen in the Ten Percent Happier app should look like this:
If you add a meditation into the Apple Health app either manually or from another app, it'll look like the picture below in the History of your Ten Percent Happier App. Get to History by tapping Profile and scrolling down a little bit. Tap History.
In the Apple Health app you should Ten Percent Happier listed as an App Allowed to Read Data and as a Data Source.
Check out our Help Center article How do I use the Apple Health app to add minutes to my meditation history?
Apple's support article Manage Health Data on your iPhone, iPod touch or Apple Watch will have more information on setting up your Health App.
Troubleshooting issues with Apple Health app integration:
You can check this Apple webpage for additional guidance on using your Apple Health app with other apps or call Applecare at (800) 275-2273.
If your minutes aren't syncing to or from the Ten Percent Happier app, please double-check the steps above. Double check that you have Use Health Data in Stats turned on in the Ten Percent Happier settings and that Ten Percent is listed as a Data Source in your Health app. If both of those look right but your data isn't showing up properly in the Ten Percent Happier app, the next thing to try is to delete the Ten Percent Happier app - keeping your HealthKit data if/when prompted during the deleting process - then reinstall Ten Percent Happier and sign back in with your registered email address and password (or login method), and again authorize to Connect Apple Health using the steps above. This should update and re-sync your account.